posted Mar 5, 2015, 8:14 AM by Paul Gautreau
One in five children in Ontario has a mental health problem. Changes to your child’s mental health may not be obvious. Warning signs to look for:
- Mood swings and changes in eating habits.
- Headaches and sore stomach.
- Low energy and not sleeping well.
- Missing school and/or having trouble at school.
- Spending less time with friends and family.
- Wanting to be left alone.
- Feelings of anger and rage.
- Listen to your child and trust your judgment.
- You are the best person to notice changes.
- Talk to your child’s teacher, he or she may have seen some changes too.
- It’s okay to ask for help and talk to your family doctor.
For more information on kids and mental health please visit www.kidsmentalhealth.ca , www.cheo.on.ca/en/cheomentalhealth, or Ottawa Public Health at 613 580-6744, www.ottawa.ca/health.